Tuesday 18 May 2010

Busy busy busy !!!

I can’t believe where last week went and we are 2 days into the next already !!!
Wednesday I was off so did the dreaded house work :( & I went to my French evening class. Thursday I was out with the girls for a meal and Pub quiz and Friday well I can’t remember what happened Friday :).   Saturday I went to a demonstrators class that Kelly hosted http://classystampin.blogspot.com and we made some wonderful makes.  Kelly had put so much time into making go with a ‘bang’.  Some of the makes are over on her blog.

In the afternoon several of us Dabblers met for lunch at the garden centre at Little Eaton as it was Tracey’s birthday on the Friday & there was much talking and eating was done!!!  They do so such nice food and ‘cakes’ in the cafe there.

I made this card a few weeks ago when I wanted to do something different & I thought it appropriate to post as I’ve been talking loosely about gardening!!!

The stamp is a Penny Black and the papers are DCWV.  The punches I’ve used though are all SU and I made my ‘lily’ pad using the SU heart punch.  The image is coloured with pencils and Sansador

IMG_5473
 
 IMG_5472


IMG_5471
 

 

Sunday Joe and I spent most of it in the garden trying to get on top of it and make it ‘pensioner’ friendly not that we are pensioners yet!!!! lol 

We cut our mammoth hedge at the front of the house – we both loath doing it but it gives us such privacy with out cutting out the light and a fence wouldn’t look the same.  We then went into the back garden.  Our plan is to put a membrane down and  bark everywhere to keep the weed down which we seem to have an excess of as last year we were unable to keep on top of it.  But this year we plan to sort it. 

I’ve been out with the weedol and SBK (as we seem to have loads of brambles springing up all over the place – I blame the birds lol.  So these applications have sorted it – such a relief.

Well hope your week is going along swimmingly

TTFN

Lesley x

 

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Fab card Lesley, I love that lily :o)
Jackie xx

Sarpreet said...

I know how you feel with time - time flies when we are having fun! A gorgeous card

jimlynn said...

Lesley, this is just TOPS! Love that image, the layout, colors, etc. That flower/lily pad are just perfect! You'll have to give your secret away on how you made the flower. Just so cute.

chris said...

Hi there Lesley
wow that is very special lesley.
sounds like you are very busy.

answer to your question on my blog what stamp is it Hero arts, "make your own"

Helen said...

That water lily is fab!

Tracey said...

Another lovely card Lesley. Wow you did have a busy week/weekend, hope that this one is a bit quieter for you.

See you soon

Tracey