Tuesday 21 August 2012

No crafting for me :(

 

Thank you to all those who have sent me such kind messages via my blog since I hurt my hand.

I’m really fed up now though as not only can’t I drive but I can’t craft or write either (I’m a left handed)  and anything I do takes twice as long!!!  I can’t even dress without help Sad smile.  It’s sooooooooo frustrating!!!

I’ve never not been able to drive since I passed my test on 23rd December 1974 the month before I joined QARNNS.  Joe’s been good but I do miss not being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it!!!  I think even Joe’s a bit fed up as he’s had do soooooooo much to support me since I hurt myself at the end of July.

I’m off to Hand therapies tomorrow at 5pm & I’m back at the hand clinic next Wednesday, I’m just hoping it’s all healing well.

 

P1040650_resize

 

I made this for Megan’s birthday at the end of May – it is minus it’s sentiment I keep taking pictures before final completion and then forget  to take the final one.  The little lace doily was courtesy of the Grange and Links Hotel Sutton on Sea.  I’d been looking for these ones for ages.  We’d gone away for a short break the weekend after the early May BH and whilst having a meal I got talking to the chef about them and she kindly gave me a whole batch about 250 all told – so very kind of her.

thanks for stopping by

Lesley x

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lesley, I love this pretty and cute cute! The way you framed out the image is just super.

PLEASE take care of that hand!!! This is no fun at all I'm sure but I'll be thinking of you and hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Lynn

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hi Lesley,
So sorry about your hand. I understand how frustrating an injury like that can be. I hurt my shoulder some weeks ago and I couldn't do much. You don't realize how much you use your hand or shoulder until you can't use it. I'll be praying for you. Hugs, Cindy