Friday 24 May 2013

Warwick Castle

 

This time last week I was relaxing in Warwick and the weather was certainly better than it’s been for the last few days.

 

P1070467_resize


  Warwick Castle

 

P1070404_resize

Henry the 8th and his ‘7th wife’  Smile



P1070445_resize

a Trebuchet a medieval weapon is demonstrated twice a day and we were fortunate enough to see it launch a flaming projectile




P1070440_resize


the Bald Eagle having a bath after the bird of prey demonstration


P1070431

There were an amazing number of Peacocks and Peahens there.  There were even some perched in the trees which I’ve never seen before.  I’m looking forward to returning to Warwick one day

P1070394_resize

last but not least a picture of the race course


P1070399_resize

 

have a great BH weekend sadly I shall be at work Sad smile

 

Lesley x

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Awesome photos!
Lynn

Merry said...

Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing. Looks like such a wonderful place and that peacock looks so elegant.

Jackie said...

Lovely sunny morning today Lesley. What beautiful photographs. It's a place I've never been and probably never will now as it is so expensive and I can't walk well enough to make it worth the cost!
I am at work today and Monday so no holiday for me either! :o)
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Wonderful photographs Lesley and how lucky you were to see so many birds. I went to Warwick when I was in junior school but I dont remember it very well. Take care Tracey x