Monday 14 April 2014

Mill Hotel

Our holiday is sadly comming to an end :(. The last 4 weeks have just flown by. 

Last Thursday was a relatively quiet day for us both.  But it was also a bit of a sad day as we had to bid farewell to Verna and Graham. The day started slowly with coffee & a sit on the patio.  Time just flew by  & then it was a quick shower and off in the hire car to meet my cousin & her husband at their house in Narellan Vale.  After a cup of tea  there (coffee in my case), we set out for lunch to the Mill Hotel at  Milperra Sydney NSW where  my cousin's son is the licensee.  We had an excellent lunch & the restaurant was a busy place.   There were 'ladies that lunch' there, families, mothers & toddlers, in fact an eclectic mix enjoying excellent food and surroundings.


As my holiday was nearing the end for desert I has Oreo cheese cake whilst my cousin Verna had a Blue Berry one.  The boys who knew when they'd had enough declined desert.

 

I first met Graham when I was around 8 years old and he was 21 ish and he was 'back packing' around Europe although they didn't use that terminology back in the 60's.  He came to stay with us as in those days we lived about 20 mins by train from Euston.  Graham decided that he'd take me on a trip to London for the day,  unfortunately I can't remember where we'd been but On the way home I vividly remember he nearly left me on the platform in London .  He was on the train and for some reason I was a bit slow, luckily he put his foot in the way of the automatic doors and I managed to join him on the train!!!  

It was very sad to say goodbye to Verna and Graham but we are hoping to meet them again in a couple of years and technology helps us to keep in touch these days.


Lesley x

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow Lesley, all those fattening goodies, they look delicious. Now you have to come back to the roadworks in Chadd!!!!!
Jackie xx

Merry said...

How nice that you have caught up with so many people on your visit. I can't get over the size of the cream and ice-cream with the cheesecake. Looks yum.