Saturday 28 November 2015

'Puff the magic dragon' . . . . . . .



When I was a child I loved the song Puff the magic dragon and I would sing it all the time!!! 

Along with crafting I've been doing quite a bit of knitting & crocheting in the evening when I'm sat watching the TV with Joe.  Cameron asked me to make him a dragon.  Finding a pattern was the first task as there aren't many patterns for dragons and those that I did find were American. I had to translate the crochet patter before I started as American use different terminology in their crochet patterns.







This is my first attempt at the dragon.  I now have to crochet one in red for Cameron.  This one is for Ollie.




I've not been feeling so good for the past couple of days as I've got a bit of a chesty cough and last night I developed a temperature consequently I didn't sleep so well.  
I'm hoping I feel better latter in the week as I can't really afford to feel unwell as I've lots to do.  I also need to feel well enough to get in the garden to clear up all the leaves that have blown in recently.  We have also started looking at bathrooms as ours needs an upgrade, but their is so much out there it's hard to know which to choose.

Lesley x

4 comments:

LesleyG said...

I just adore your dragon. I have a few ceramic ones and a cuddly 'Figment' from Disney ride in USA. I'm crocheting some slippers, but not very good at characters. Lucky boys xxx

LesleyG said...

P.s. Hope you feel better x

Jackie said...

Wonderful dragon Lesley, he will be well loved.
I do hope you are soon feeling better...hugs
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Lovely dragon Lesley, that really is smashing. Hope you get to feel better soon x