Sunday 20 December 2009

The family are coming!!!

All the family will be coming shortly for our family Christmas dinner today around 2pm as we can’t be together on Christmas day.  Although we are having a family day on Boxing Day :)

I have the best china out.  Turkey in the oven.  The roast potatoes are being done in duck fat that comes from the Confit de canard that we buy when we are in France.  They make the most fantastic roasties at tip I learnt from Joe’s cousin Carol. 

I’ve made Delia smiths run truffle torte yesterday for desert,  without rum because it’s not good for young children (the rum that is!!) I’ve been baking this morning chocolate truffles, mince pies and maids of honour.  

We are having Christmas crackers & some lovely sparkling rose that I bought in France in June.  the lads will probably drink beer.

IMG_4616


I

I made this card a few weeks ago to send to Australia to my friend Elaine who’s birthday
was on December 15th.  She will have been out there 2 years in February.
 

1 comment:

chicken lover said...

Am I the only woman in Derbyshire that does not bake?!! xx