Wednesday 15 September 2010

St Julien des Landes September 2010

I have been on my holidays in the Vendee at La Garangeoire.  It is a great site and I have been round the kitchens and saw how the Chef made his pate de Foie Gras for the restaurant and had a go a piping macaroons – which are included in the cafe gourmande dessert.  The weather has been great and during the first week I painted on canvas with acrylics under the supervision of artiste Sylvie Berthome a local artist.  I love my picture but those painted by Sylvie were superb.  Sadly I didn’t have my camera with me so I can’t show you some of her work.  In the hour that it took me I also was able to speak my limited French (but I am improving!!!) as she spoke very little English so it was a great way to practice – she also practiced her English that she knew on me.

023 P1000611
027 009

The 2 top pictures are the picture I painted and me at the lesson with Sylvie. The 2 other pictures are me with the caravan on the way to the Vendee in an aire and Joe and I on the beach at Bretignolles Sur Mer.

Well TTFN until I post again

Lesley x

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW! Your painting is beautiful! Looks like yall had alot of fun.
Lynn

Jackie said...

Lovely photographs Lesley, I love your painting. No wonder you weren't at Dabblers when I brought my Martha Stewart punche along for you to play with! :o)
Jackie xx

Sarpreet said...

hi there, it looks fab,I have also dropped by to say that this will be my final visit to your blog for at least a few months, I am going abroad to get married, and coming back to moving house, settling down before I can come back online. I appreciate your kind comments and your visits to my blog, I will try to update it from time to time, but I can not promise. I will miss blogland, take care and catch up soon, from me - wondering if anyone will miss me in blogland...