Friday 29 July 2011

Australia here I come!

I made this for my friend who now resides in Newcastle NSW.  Her son in law was 30 recently and is mad about the St Georges Illawarra football team and she asked me to make him a card that reflected that and here it is.  The feedback is that he loved it and my friend was pleased as it was unique and personal.

 

P1020004
 

Well this afternoon Joe and I went to Trent Lock for a walk along the Cranfleet Canal.  Although it wasn’t sunny it was still quite warm.  It’s a very long time since we’ve done that walk and it was lovely looking in at all the boats moored up.  

There were several youngsters from the Sailing Club sailing on the Trent.  Not a  lot of people know this but from my early teens up until Matthew was born I used to do a lot of sailing.  I used to sail through the summer hols at a place called Rickmansworth Aquadrome and at Barton Broad in Norfolk.  Enough of my reminisces I’m in for a busy but fun weekend.

Well hope you all have a great weekend & thank you for taking the time to look at my blog

TTFN

Lesley x

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lesley, this is WONDERFUL!!! LOVE how you designed it too. Great.
Lynn

Chicken lover said...

Well Lesley you are a dark horse!
I too sailed in my teens at Hognaston Reservoir in little sailing dinghys!
Jane x

Tracey said...

Stunning card Lesley, a very clever idea. Glad you enjoyed your walk.

Tracey x

Sarpreet said...

hi there, this is gorgeous. i can see why your friend loved it

Jackie said...

Good morning Lesley, fantastic card. I love walking at Trent Lock. Have you walked along the Erewash canal and seen all the houseboats on there, some of which were there when I was a kid! :o)
Jackie xx