Monday 8 December 2014

Advent . . . .

 

Well I have been making lots of cards and craft items recently but I’ve not had the chance to post anything.  Time seems to be at a premium at the moment.  But I do have a couple of big craft projects on the go at the moment too.  I’ve made quite a few Christmas cards over the past few months but I’ve just realised I’ve not photographed them yet.  Some I’ve already sent too.

Last Monday Joe and I went into town early to beat the crowds to do some joint Christmas shopping.  We did manage to do a bit but it was quite busy and as Joe had never been to Wagamama we abandoned the shopping for lunch, and a very nice lunch it was.  I do love the green tea  they serve there.

We decorated the Christmas tree one evening last week and Joe and I have been putting up a few Christmas Trimmings in the dinning room and the lounge.  – so we are really in the festive spirit!!  The conservatory looks like Santa’s grotto!!!

Whilst I was at Peterborough crafting I bought a wooden Advent calendar to decorate to give to the Grandchildren for December 1st, so I’ve been doing that since the end of October amongst other things.

 

P1000294_resize

 

P1000292_resize


P1000293_resize



I frantaged and glitters the roof to make it look like snow!!!
P1000289

I can’t tell you how proud and pleased I am with the finished item which is why I’ve posted lots of pictures taken at all angles (I’ve loads more pictures of it on the PC too).  This is the first big item that I’ve ever decorated and the children were so pleased with it, which made me feel even more proud of it.  I filled each little box with 3 chocolates one for each of them through Advent.

Lesley x

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lesley, this is wonderful - and so pretty. I can see why the kids would love it too. Fantastic project!
Lynn

Jackie said...

Good morning Lesley, long time no see, life does get in the way at times doesn't it LOL.
I love your Advent calendar.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year :o)
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Lesley the advent has turned out lovely. Hope you manage to put your feet up over Christmas, love Tracey