Sunday 19 April 2015

Sew Lovely . . . . . . . .

 

 

My friend Maureen was 70 recently and over the years has made some amazing cross stitch picture so I thought a sewing themed card was just the ticket.   I worked I worked with Maureen for over 10 years until her retirement several years ago. 

I love making sewing themed cards and have made a few recently – in fact we made 2 different sewing themed cards at our March craft class in Long Eaton.

 

P1050748_resize

 

Our Tower Bridge Experience at Easter

On our recent trip to London on the Tuesday before we left Joe and I went on our Tower Bridge Experience before we headed north and home.  Tower Bridge was an iconic structure from my childhood I’d walked over it many times and travelled under it on boats on several occasions.  But never until now had I been in it!!

P1060010_resize



on the high level walk ways

P1060011_resize


looking through the glass floor

P1060029_resize


the Victorian Engine Room

 

After our Tower Bridge tour we nipped over the  St Katherine’s Dock where we had a wander about taking in the ambience on a truly warm spring day!! and guess what we spied?  Yes you’ve guessed:  

Gloriana the Queens Row Barge used in the Jubilee River Pageant on the River Thames

P1060044_resize

have a wonderful Sunday

Lesley x

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

More wonderful photos! Love looking through the glass floor on that bridge!!!
Beautiful card too. Your friend is going to adore this and treasure it forever!
Lynn

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Lesley, and wonderful photographs :o)
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Lovely sewing card Lesley, nice and cheerful. Stunning photos, looks like you had a great time. Tracey x