Tuesday 28 April 2015

Bokeh a new technique . . . .

 

It’s my day off today and I’ve been at Long Eaton crafting most of the day.  We did lots of crafting,  chatting and of course sharing ideas and of course a bit of cake at lunchtime.  Unfortunately one of the ladies that usually comes has only just come out of hospital so could join us but we all wish her well and a speedy recovery.   I’m glad I was inside today and although it has been sunny there has been a bitter wind and it’s very cold outside!!

When we met up back in March we all tried out a new technique which I found on u tube and appears to be a current trend in crafting.   the word Bokeh  is a photographic term; defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light".

 

P1060074_resize


P1060052_resize

I made the stencils for making the ‘blurring’ in acetate and punching out circles.  The back ground is roughly inked in one colour and then you add the ‘burring effect’ using white, pink, yellow and aqua chalk ink applying it with sponge daubers.   I was very pleased with the affect and so were the ladies.

 

P1060069_resize

P1060065_resize
P1060055_resize P1060057_resize

The pink card I’ve tried something new on as I saw this technique used at a recent craft fair, where the acetate is cut just a little wider than the card so it can be posted flat, but one out of the envelope that end is tucked under a border trim so that you get a small amount of bowing which give the card a bit of dimension!!

The green Bokeh card is the only one  not having an acetate overlay.

P1060060_resize

 

Lesley x

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

That technique is so pretty and I love all these! Beautiful colors together.
Lynn

Jackie said...

Wonderful technique Lesley, makes beautiful backgrounds :o)
Jackie xx