Wednesday 20 January 2016


It's nearly 2 weeks since I retired and although many of my colleagues said to me they didn't know how they fitted work in . . . . . .  I'm begining to realise what they meant.    Every day since I keep asking my self, 'how did I manage to go to work?'   So far I've not missed it.  

This Saturday is my retirement afternoon tea with colleagues that I've worked with over my 41 year career, and I'm so looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Today I've been to my daughters as her husband went back to work after 2 weeks paternity leave and from my own experience I know how I felt when Joe went back to work after our first and I was flying 'solo'.  It was really nice to spend some time with her and my new grandson.



A couple of cards from my box awaiting posting.




Lesley x

3 comments:

pam said...

Hi Lesley, thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
Two wonderful cards, beautiful designs.
Sounds like you are enjoying your retirement.
Pam x

Babs said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson how wonderful..Two beautiful cards, great layout
Hugs Babs x

Cherie said...

Retirement and a new baby grandson.... they timed that well :-)