Tuesday 3 November 2009

SU ‘Take and Make’ or is it ‘Make and take’

I spent a good couple of hours last Saturday afternoon at Tracey’s making cards.   There was great company, tea and coffee and cup cakes with glitter on what more could you ask for!!!

I had to leave just after 3:30 & I hadn’t made half the cards that were there to make :( – but I did take the sheet for making the anniversary card as I have the stamp set used for it at home and the colours were so vibrant I just couldn’t resist.

It was lovely catching up with people who I’d not seen for ages.  The  Dabblers crafty evenings have clashed with other  long  standing engagements.

IMG_4560

I think this elephant card looks lovely with the elephant decoupaged in bashful blue matching the colour of one of the pieces of matting.

The Christmas selection I made at the ‘take and make’

IMG_4570
IMG_4567
 IMG_4568

Elegant egg plant really suits this stamp – it also looks great in back and white & navy and white too!

IMG_4553

Well it’s back to work,  but roll on next weekend.  I’m off to Cheshire Oaks Friday  on a retail therapy shopping spree with Samantha.  We did it last year in November and had such a great time decided to do it again.

Sunday is Remembrance Sunday so Saturday night I shall be watching the Albert Hall Ceremony & Sunday I shall be at the parade in Spondon

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow, what a great selection you managed to make.

Have a fantastic time this weekend

Jackie said...

Wow, who's been a busy bee then :o)
Lovely set of cards Lesley.
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Fab projects Lesley how great that you can craft with friends, I would love that, it would be so much fun. Hugs Avril xxx

Donnas Den said...

Lovely cards, Lesley. Hope you enjoy your shopping day today. Thanks for visiting my 'Cards for Men' blog. I've changed my post a bit so hopefully you'll be able to grab my blinkie.

Thanks,

Donna

Emma said...

Hi Lesley,

Thank you so much for your kind words over at my blog. So glad you popped by as I get to see some of your lovely creations too.

The trick with the button on the ribbon is to thread the button with some thread then tie the ties onto the ribbon and pull it taught from behind and tie it off (if you know what I mean).

Hope it helps :D and have a great day.

Emma x

Chicken lover said...

Hi Lesley

hope your retail weekend is good, I can never get one sorted with Sara as the poor girl works virtually every weekend, the joys of working in hospitality!

see you Monday xx
Jane