Saturday 11 August 2012

Keep calm . . . . . .

 

I said a few weeks ago it was all birthdays this year especially 60th’s.  Well last weekend we were invited to a meal at Vaughan’s Sandiacre.  It’s a small place but the food is superb. 

Sue who was 60 on July 31st is very patriotic & goes to London at the drop o a hat, especially for occasion's like Royal Wedding and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations so in view of this I thought this card would be most suitable.  Luckily I had made it several weeks before I injured my hand.

 

P1040925_resize
P1040926_resize
P1040920_resize

and inside the card

P1040924_resize

I found out Friday that my scaphoid is definitely fractured so it has to remain splinted for a minimum of 4 weeks – so I’m back at the hand clinic on the 29th August.

Lesley x

6 comments:

anndees said...

I'm sorry to hear you have to wear your splint for longer, if you need anything just let me know. Lovely card too, I wish my mojo would start flowing again....maybe next weekend as it is the show at Donington, that might be all that is needed x

jimlynn said...

Lesley, I LOVE this!!!! So fun and pretty at the same time - inside and out! Fabulous card!

Take care of that hand!

Lynn

Merry said...

What a terrific card...love all the embellishments. Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it all heals according to plan.

Tracey said...

Lovely card Lesley. Hope you arent in too much pain and that you will not be climbing the walls over the next four weeks. Take care and see you soon Tracey x

Sandybeaches said...

Hi Lesley:) I've just had a peek at your latest few blog entries...sorry to read about your injuries...your cards are just lovely...hope your recovery is a speedy one!!

Jackie said...

Lovely cards since my last visit Lesley. I am now busy trying to play catchup after being glued to the Olympics :o)
So sorry to hear you hand is not improving much...hugs
Jackie xx